The "metaphor" of a blog determines its flavor and parameters.
This one is kind of like a cross between my office and a newsstand. Here I am working, and there you are looking at the stuff I've produced, and we can talk through the window. So this is a semi-public place, with a particular purpose, and everyone should behave accordingly.
- Please respect each other's opinions, as taste in cultural materials and practices varies widely.
- If you don't like something, skip it and go find something you do like; don't pester the provider or the audience.
- Don't act like a jerk; this is not an appropriate place for flames or trolls. It isn't the best place for rants either.
- If you hurt someone's feelings, apologize and try to fix it.
- If a conversation gets too aggressive for your comfort, it's okay to ask people to cool it or carry on the debate in private.
- Leaven criticism with praise.
- Speak the truth gently if possible, firmly if necessary.
- Have fun!