Discussion Questions for Prismatica
1) Poetry sticks in the mind long after you put it down. What images, discoveries, or words do you recall without turning back to the book? Give some examples.
2) What kind of poetic techniques (meter, foreshadowing, metaphor, etc.) do you see in these poems? List some examples from a particular poem.
3) Which do you like better, form poetry or free verse? Why?
4) When you read science fiction poetry, how does it make you feel about science?
5) What is your favorite field of science? Share one of your interests from it. Does that science appear in this collection?
6) Have you ever experimented with composing science fiction poetry? If so, what were your results? If not, how might you go about it?
7) Science fiction can predict a bright future or a dark one. Can you find one of each here? Compare and contrast them.
8) Which scientists do you most admire, and why? Have you ever found a poem featuring them?
9) Who are some other science fiction poets you have read? What sciences do they write about?
10) What is your most favorite poem in this collection, and why? What is your least favorite?