I have updated the series page for Walking the Beat following the January 21, 2014 Poetry Fishbowl bonus session that featured this series. So far, two of the new poems have been published and linked; the other nine poems are listed with their prices.
I have updated the Serial Poetry page following the November Poetry Fishbowl. There are new poems in Diminished Expectations, Fiorenza the Wisewoman, Fledgling Grace, Monster House, One God's Story of Mid-Life Crisis, Polychrome Heroics, Schrodinger's Heroes, Starfather, and The Steamsmith. There are two new series: Frankenstein's Family and The Godship Wanderers. Walking the Beat has a new poem, and now has its own page as well.
There are two new series pages. P.I.E. is an established series that's getting long enough to need its own page; this is urban fantasy with a wheelchair-riding hera named Brenda Cochlain. Diminished Expectations is a new series in dystopic science fiction, dealing with the aftermath of chemical warfare; it features a diversity of characters.
Clay of Life is a new series with two poems, so it's just listed on the main Serial Poetry page. It features the golem Yossele and the traveling blacksmith Menachem.
Many other series have new poems linked or listed from recent fishbowls. Updated series include An Army of One, A Conflagration of Dragons, Fiorenza the Wisewoman, Hart's Farm, One God's Story of Mid-Life Crisis, Monster House, Polychrome Heroics, The Steamsmith, and Walking the Beat. The shared world projects Schrodinger's Heroes and Silk Road Allies have also been updated.
You can now read my guest post "Finding Tongues in Trees: Poetry as the Voice of Nature" on the blog Reduce Footprints. This is the first guest post relating to my book From Nature's Patient Hands: A Collection of Poetry.
* Created "Interviews & Guest Posts" page for Prismatica. It has blurbs for my guest posts "For Better or for Verse" and "Science Fiction Poetry vs. Mainstream Poetry."
* Added GoodReads tools for all three of my books. Go to each book's page and scroll to the bottom to see those. If you are on GoodReads, please shelve my books. Ratings and reviews are especially welcome -- the new poetry books aren't scored yet. I also got approved as a GoodReads author today, so my profile links to my listed books now. You can follow me there to find more of my writing.
* Added blog post with a link to my guest post "For Better or for Verse."
My guest post "For Better or Verse: Writing Short Fiction and Poetry" is now online, courtesy of Jon Gibbs who did a lovely job with the layout. Please drop by there, read the essay, and leave a comment. This is one of my guest posts for the poetry books' launch period. It focuses on the science fiction side and thus connects with Prismatica: Science Fiction Poetry Spanning the Spectrum.
*Deleted malfunctioning Facebook badges. *grumble*
* Tinkered with the layout of a few pages to make the pictures, text, and ads balance more legibly.
* Created "How To" sub-page under the "Crowdfunding" tab.
* Started revising and uploading some of my previously written articles on cyberfunded creativity. You can now read "5 Steps to Crowdfunding Success" and "How to Start a Crowdfunded Project."
* Touched up various things on the "Crowdfunding" main page. Added a note letting people know that I'm recycling some of my previous writings on this topic so I don't have to reinvent the wheel here.
* Created a "Functions" page explaining the benefits of cyberfunded creativity for creators, patrons, activists, and freelancers.
* Posted a writing exercise here in this blog. This is the first piece of non-website-related, actual wordsmithing content here. I've been doing these on my LiveJournal and the PenUltimate Productions Facebook page. Since this blog pipes to FB, it'll cover that aspect neatly -- and keep the exercises from being buried in the flood of "everything that I found interesting today" on my LJ.
* I created a new perk for buyers of my book From Nature's Patient Hands: A Collection of Poetry, a set of photos. Information about this now appears on the "From Nature's Patient Hands" page.
* I expanded the listing of books on the "Anthologies" page to specify which item(s) of mine appear therein; and I added a lot more Amazon links, covering the Llewellyn annuals. The Amazon badges stack beautifully and present plenty of information about the products, but they can make the page slow to load.
I have added social networks to the blog sidebar. If you scroll down, you can now see a link for "Share on FriendFeed," the Facebook "Like" button, the MyBlogLog "Recent Visitors" and "Top Links" widgets, and the NetworkedBlogs widget. Those let you follow my content from whichever service(s) you favor, or share it with friends.
This blog showcases my writing, editing, and other projects. It also provides space for the discussion of diverse topics. Please lean on the windowsill and join in.
Elizabeth Barrette lives in central Illinois. She writes in the fields of speculative fiction, gender studies, and nature religions.